13.9.16

Change, welcome.

Hello.
It has been a busy day. These past couple of days we have been re-organizing our life as the first day of homeschool approaches. In a large family... this is a large task.
We have also been trying to catch up with all the things that got left out during harvest. Speaking of harvest, Dad and my brothers are out in the field right now trying to get the last of the crop in.

Anyway, now for the walk of shame.
It was silly of me to think that I could keep blogging everyday during harvest. I switched to survival mode about half way through and got stuck there for a couple of weeks. But I am ready to begin again.

The weather changing is reminding me how much I love the season of fall. Mostly because the mosquitoes no longer attack me each time I step out the door (they seem to be especially attracted to my type of blood...). But also because of the crisp air, the falling leaves, the fresh produce from the garden, and the cool nights. Especially the cool nights. Oh, and can we talk about fall clothes? The boots, sweaters, dark colors. So cozy, so in love.

It is crazy how fast summer went by. I feel like we (our family) enjoyed it more than we ever have before. We made so many memories. I guess that may be why I am so willing to welcome fall, and the coming winter this year.

Change is on the horizon. And I'm ready.

1 comment: