23.1.16

No complaining

You know those days when you find yourself complaining about your circumstances? Maybe not always out loud. Maybe you keep it to your thoughts. Today was one of those days for me.

I found a lot to complain about, somehow.

Somehow I was complaining though I have a roof over my head.
Though I had more than enough food to eat and am about to crawl into a warm bed.
Though I have a lot of love to share, and a lot of people to share it with.
Though I was able to wiggle my toes and touch my nose.
Though I have never lost someone I care deeply about.
Though I have a healthy body.
Though I can smile, and talk, and laugh.
Though I serve a God who has given me all of these things. 

Still I complained.

I can breathe, that is a gift.
That is enough for thanksgiving.

How could I complain?

My little brother asked me tonight "Is heaven like a dream?"; "What does God sound like?"; and "Will I be able to see God? Or just hear Him?"
His questions reminded me that My future includes taking up residence in heaven, which will be more real than a dream. I will be able to meet the God I love face to face. I have that to look forward to. 

How could I complain?






No comments:

Post a Comment