17.1.16

Dancing Diamonds

When music is played in our home, all the little bodies are attracted to the sound. More often than not (when the volume is high), there will be a dance party with little feet jumping, tapping (sometimes cartwheeling), hands swaying, and voices lifted to the tune of our favorite songs.

As often is the case, the kids get stuck on a few upbeat songs and will play them over and over until one of us older people will forbid the change of song "lest we go crazy!"


But there are days that I am the one that will place a song on repeat. Sometimes to dance around the house with the little people, sometimes to just let the lyrics sink into my soul.

Lately "Diamonds" by Hawk Nelson has been the song.
It is a message that I need in this season.




Here and now I'm in the fire,
In above my head
Being held under the pressure,
Don't know what'll be left
But it's here in the ashes
I'm finding treasure

He's making diamonds, diamonds
Making diamonds out of dust
He is refining in His timing
He's making diamonds out of us

I'll surrender to the power
Of being crushed by love
Till the beauty that was hidden
Isn't covered up
Oh it's not what I hoped for
It's something much better

Oh the joy of the Lord 
It will be my strength
When the pressure is on
He's making diamonds

I won't be afraid to shine
Cause He's making diamonds out of dust
Making diamonds out of us

No comments:

Post a Comment