18.1.16

Just Sing

"Jen, I have found that if you sing when you are weak, your voice gets stronger."

Those were words that my sis spoke to me a couple of days ago. She has been going through some health struggles that had affected her voice, and she explained to me that she could feel her voice get stronger the more she sang, even though her voice was so weak to begin with.

After she said it I was like, wow. That was profound.
How true is it that when we are at our weakest, and we choose to sing despite our pain and lack of strength, we become stronger.

It is a hard thing to do though. It is way easier to live life loud when you are on a mountain.
It is easier to praise, to be a light to others and to show Christ and to keep living His dream for you when you have it all together.
These past couple of months, and even now, I have just wanted to hide because I felt ashamed that I was "off the wagon" if you will. I didn't have anything together.
I wondered how I could write posts that are inspirational when I was just trying to survive day by day. I didn't want to be false, or worse... a hypocrite.
But the biggest lesson I am learning right now is that it is better to try than to hide. Yes, I might make a mess, but my mess is okay.
I am coming to find more and more that I don't need to have it all together all the time. Sometimes our voice speaks louder when we can say that we are struggling, because others can relate to our struggle.

And you know, when you reach out, be obedient, God is right there. If we simply sing through our weakness, we can become stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment