19.11.15

Things that matter

One crazy mess of a day.
That would be the description of this one.

I had a list marking how I would spend each moment, but by the end of the day each task was scribbled out and the time slot filled with things that I did not plan.

I was frustrated because I felt so exhausted but knew that I didn't get anything that I wanted done. I was stressed because the thoughts of all that there was to do wouldn't cease from circling around in my brain.

The day almost over I had a choice. Take the time to maybe get one thing marked off of that dooming list, or spend it sharing something I loved with someone I love.

When I finished reading that one hundred year old story and saw the light of learning in the young boy's eyes, my spirits were lifted.

Then I heard the gentle reminder as peace replaced my throbbing head.

These are the things that matter. 

The to do list will remain, but the moment of opportunity to grow closer to someone that will forever be a special part of my life will be here and gone.

I hope to remember that more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment