21.11.15

Fear of Failure

I was at a leadership and volunteer refuel day that was put on by our church today. During which one of the topics that was spoken on by our speaker was the topic of failure.
I became uncomfortably aware of how great my fear of failure is. I can recount so many instances in my life where I didn't do something that I know God was prompting me to do because I was so afraid of what others will think of me... should I fail.
I know that I am held back from being the person that I could be, the best version of myself because of this fear.
When I take a step back and look at it from the perspective of a greater picture I wonder how I could allow this to completely take over a moment. To dictate what I do, and to steal the things I could be missing out on.
The truth is that if I never do anything, sure, I will never fail. But I also will never succeed.

I have been on a journey to finding who I am in Christ. This afternoon I found another piece to that puzzle. I found something more that I need to work on in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment