20.8.16

He knows

You know the struggle.
Those things in you life that you find yourself battling with over and over again.
The temptations that follow you around, and don't ever seem to leave no matter how many times you overcome it.
I don't know about you, but I used to have this shame when it came to my struggle. When I would realized that I had fallen again, not only was I sorry, but I was deeply ashamed, so much so that I would ignore God for days, sometimes months because I didn't think He would want to hear from me. I had failed Him again.

I learned over the years that not only does Jesus want to forgive us and set us back on the path, He understands. He has been through temptation himself, and though he has never sinned... He knows how hard it is to go through it.

Hebrews 4:14-16 says;

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain MERCY and find GRACE to help in time of need. 
It is a great comfort to me to know that He knows what I am going through. Not just because He is God and He knows everything, but because He has been through it himself.
He endured temptation for us. So He could better understand what we go through and can sympathize with us. Isn't that amazing?

I learned that, yes, I should feel sorry when I have sinned, and fallen away from righteousness. But not only do I have a God that is merciful and willing to give us the grace I need, I also have a God that knows. And because of this, I can come boldly to Him to set things right. To ask for His mercy and grace, and to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment