31.7.17

Tiny Hands


Tiny hands, tiny hearts.
Being a big sister (to many!), and an Auntie, sometimes it scares me how much the little ones look up to, and copy everything that I do, or say. It is such a huge responsibility to know that these little ones are partly basing their reality, and building their knowledge on the observance of how I live my life.

I am no perfect human being. So it is somewhat sobering to hear the two year old repeat ever word I say, or be told that the little girl wants the same haircut as Auntie Jenny, or to listen as the little boy repeats the lesson that I taught him to his little friends.

These little people that I am privileged to love remind me to guard my mouth, to live intentionally, to react wisely, and to be an all around better person.

Whether you think so or not, there are people in your life that are watching. Be it little ones that surround you, or older ones that hold you in high regard. We freak out sometimes because we want to be more efficient in sharing Jesus with people, but little do we know that we share Jesus simply by living the way He wants us to every day.

Every time I hold a little hand to cross a road, or swing a giggling baby in the air I remember. Everything we do has ripple effects in someone else's lives. What kind of effect are you making today?

No comments:

Post a Comment