16.4.16

Her Story

She looked past the darkness and heard a voice say, "Return to me".
Though many other voices surrounding her called to her soul, she was drawn to the one who spoke life alone.

She took one step and He came running. She fell to her knees and shielded her eyes from the glorious light that was drawing near her. She could hardly stand the weight of His nearness, she didn't deserve this grace, her shame pushed her to the ground and caused doubt to overtake her heart.
Though her eyes were covered, she could feel His presence, His love, and she cried.

"How could you love me still?", she whispered, still afraid to surrender, to fall into the arms that she knew were open wide.
He would not force her to come, but would continue to shower her with the knowledge of what her life could be like in Him, and overwhelm her with His mercy.

"Let me return and fix the mess I've made, then I will be ready."
"My child, I want you as you are. It is when you are weak that I am strong. Come, and let me heal your brokenness."

She opened her eyes, and the warm glow of a smile shone on her face as she finally surrendered and melted into His embrace.
He smiled down on her as he gathered her tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment