30.4.16

Breathe

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
 The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
What is man that you are mindful of him,
 and the son of man that You visit him?

I read this passage of scripture this morning from Psalms chapter eight. 

As I was doing the chores outside a little later, I stopped in the middle of the corral while checking the cows and was still for a moment.

The sun, warmed my face. The birds sang in the trees. Geese flew above me making a noise about something that disturbed their resting place. Tractors rumbled, headed to the fields for another long day of work. Cows munched on hay as they ate their breakfast. The wind blew softly, making music in the branches of the evergreens.

I breathed. 
I thanked God for another beautiful day.
I remembered that the God who made all of this beauty that I was able to stop and enjoy, was the same God that thinks of me.

My heart was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment