20.9.15

Never Alone

In church this morning, worshiping in song, I heard whisperings of a promise from the recipient of our praise.
It wasn't a promise that I had never heard before, rather a gentle reminder of one that had been already given, through the lyrics of the songs that we were singing.
I am not alone. I am Yours, You are mine. I know that You will be with me. You've never failed, and You won't start now.
Words that spoke of His enduring presence in my life.
In that moment, I took a quick trip down memory lane to see those words ring true in my wanderings. The only constant has been Jesus. His love, mercy, grace... His presence.
The greatest blessing is knowing that no matter what may come in life, no matter what I will face or how deep the waters become, I am never alone. There is always someone there who knows me, knows exactly what I am going through and how I feel.
To hold the steady love of Christ in the palm of my hand is powerful. I know that He will always be there should I need an extra bit of loving, a strong hand to lift me up, or even just a friend to talk to.
He is my forever. My constant. My one and only. He will always stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment