7.5.17

See Blessings

This week, I have focused primarily on what has been lost. Lately, many precious things have been torn from our lives and the grieving process has proven difficult.

I find myself repeating a vicious cycle. Seeming to take one step forward and two steps back as my thoughts complete a circle.
The pattern leaves me frustrated and I have grown weary of anger's talons on my soul every time the subject of the afore mentioned happenings arises.

This morning I read a verse as I looked back on my journal of scribbled scriptures and thoughts.
Our light affliction is but for a moment. (2 Corinthians 4:17)

I began to think of others. How blessed I am. How light my affliction is.
Recently I've been in a position to hear tales of lives and regrets. Tales of misfortunes and abuse. Hurts and heartaches like I have never come close to experiencing.

I think of them and still feel my hurt, but it lessens.
Now the blessings take a front row seat as I gaze into the audience of my own story.

I have a family that loves.
I have a God I can trust.
I have a happy home.

Today I have resolved to see the blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment