8.4.17

My Rock, My Fortress

Trust. A small word that can be so profound.
I've been learning a lot about trust these past couple of weeks.

It is easy to say that you trust God, until you come to an event, or experience in your life that creates a bleak outlook.
Worry threatens to overtake you, and stress builds up until you think you could scream.

I have found myself often on the lap of God, begging Him to help me believe in all that He is. To hide His love, truth, and promises so deeply in my heart that no amount of hurt, or fear can dig them out.

Though these have been tough days, I wouldn't trade them for a place back in my comfort zone. The love and peace that I have found have far outweighed the hard 'stuff' that I have faced.
Truly, God is our rock and our fortress. He is a God that I can trust in, and I don't think I have ever really known that until now.
Until my world was shaken.
Until my heart was broken.

People say that God uses the hard times in our lives to draw us closer to Himself, and you know what? It is true.
During this hard time, I have bowed at His feet with a greater realization of His sovereignty. A greater appreciation of His kindness and love toward His children.

Though the waves seem like they will overtake us, they instead will sweep us closer to His heart.

I am thankful to serve a God that works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

I am thankful that no matter what I face, I can trust Him.

1 comment:

  1. you're amazing Jen. I love this, and you. Hugs to you big sis.

    ReplyDelete